Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Any questions?

Another day of posting just to keep in the habit of posting as well as keeping me from playing Bejeweled Blitz online while Shannon does her reading. Now that I've actually "outed" my blog to people, I of course have no idea if anyone actually is reading. But that's OK, I'm used to talking to myself. It's something I'm good at.

 I'm stuck for subject matter again. I have no idea if there's anything you want to know about Homeschooling in general, how my state handles it, or the curriculum I've chosen. Maybe you've tuned in just to hear my witty banter. Ha. But anyway, feel free to leave a comment if you have an idea for what I could write about other than a simple diary of "here's what we did today."

It's currently my goal to get back to a schedule of "2 months on, 1 month off" and homeschool over the summer. However, to do that, I'd like to be ending the school year in May instead of starting the year in October. So this year we'll be cramming a bit extra in. I've talked to Shannon about it and she thinks it's a mighty fine idea. I think she's matured enough over the past year to take a bit more control over our learning goals and understand that when it's "school time" we have a job to do, and even if we've been on vacation, when we get back it's time to just get back to work. We'll see.

(edited to restore paragraph formatting, which for some reason completely disappeared on a whole pile of posts) 

No comments: