Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sigh

What a glorious day. One of my favorite types of day, late fall, bright blue sky, and 55 degrees. I gotta get out of the house, you know? I'm totally stir crazy right now.

So Shannon and I decided we're going to the dog park after school. Yes, with the dog. And I'm having a hard time sticking to that. I've become the 6-year old, I don't WANT to wait until after school, I want to go RIGHT NOW! ::stamps foot::

I'm very good at justifying things. It's exercise, right? Every school needs PE and every kid needs good fresh air. It'll recharge us. It's going to rain tomorrow, the only way I *know* we can enjoy the park today is to just go. The work will be waiting for us when we get back, we can just do it late afternoon and evening.

But, I know what happens when we do that. Somehow, we just never get back to sitting down and doing the reading or project, or whatever it was that we left until later. Days have rhythms, and we tinker with them at our peril. So I'm putting on my big girl panties and waiting. And casting moon-eyes out the window, hoping *someone* will be done with her worksheet soon. ;-)

No comments: